For free legal advice on medical negligence call 0330 606 9587 or contact us and we will help you.
Daniel Comerford is a Clinical and Medical Negligence Solicitor at Co-op Legal Services based in Manchester. He has specialised in medical negligence claims since 2008.
Daniel is passionate about medical negligence claims and securing the proper compensation for victims of substandard medical care. He is committed to treating clients with empathy and working hard to achieve excellent outcomes.
Daniel manages his caseload of medical negligence claims from initial enquiry to trial or settlement. His role requires excellent problem solving and analytical skills, initiative, attention to detail, excellent client care standards, strict adherence to deadlines, excellent drafting and communication skills.
Recent Medical Negligence Claims dealt with by Daniel include:
• Fatal claim involving inadequate post-operative monitoring following a total shoulder replacement leading to irreversible multi-organ failure. The deceased was 67 years old with a number of pre-existing health problems. Daniel recovered £190,000 compensation on behalf of the Estate.
• A delay in treatment of thrombocythemia leading to limb ischaemia and below knee amputation. The causation experts’ evidence was that the negligence accelerated the amputation by 3 years and subsequently the client died 23 months after the procedure (unrelated to the claim). Daniel recovered £60,000 compensation on behalf of the Estate in respect of the 23 month period.
• Perforation of uterus and bowel during diagnostic hysteroscopy and polypectomy. Daniel recovered £200,000 compensation for the client.
• Delay in diagnosis of leiomyosarcoma. The causation evidence did not support ‘cure’, absent of negligence, therefore the case proceeded on the basis of an 11 month reduction in median life expectancy (as per Obiter of Gregg v Scott). The client has outlived the life expectancy projections and recovered £28,000 compensation in respect of the 11 months.
• Negligent prescription of Ibuprofen and Methylprednisolone in a patient receiving Warfarin therapy leading to intracranial bleed and withdrawal of Warfarin. The client subsequently suffered a cerebral infarct in the absence of Warfarin.
Daniel joined Co-op Legal Services in 2016 having previously worked for Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK since 2013. Prior to Slater and Gordon Lawyers, Daniel had worked for a leading Defendant law firm specialising in defending Clinical and Medical Negligence claims. He qualified as a Solicitor in 2011.
When Not Working
Daniel enjoys spending time with his 2 year old son and catching up with friends and family.