Family law & divorce Court Orders

We can provide legal advice and support you with Court applications for the following types of Court Orders and Injunctions. A Judge will decide whether your Court Order is granted or not.

Court orders for children / child custody

  • Child arrangement order – Court Order for child/children residence and living arrangements, and for contact with non-resident parent, grandparents, step parent or non-parent. For more information see child custody.

  • Specific issue order – Court Order for parental responsibility matters including where child/children go to school, medical treatments, religious upbringing and taking children out of the UK.

  • Prohibited steps order – Court Order to prevent one parent from, permanently removing the child/children from the UK, preventing medical treatment or prevent associations with people of adverse influence.

  • Residence order – Court order to settle the arrangements as to the person with whom a child is to live.


  • Non molestation order – To prevent a partner or ex from intimidating, harassing or threatening or using violence against you or child/children.

  • Occupation Order – Names the people who have the legal right to live, return or to be barred from a family home.

Divorce financial orders

  • Clean break order – For couples getting a divorce or already divorced who wish to terminate their mutual financial obligations as a married couple. When the Clean Break Order is granted by the Court neither person can make a financial claim against the other in the future. How much does a clean break order cost?

  • Consent order – Exactly the same as a clean break order but for couples getting divorced / already divorced who have financial assets which are to be divided. The couple can either agree what is to be stated in the Consent Order or if they don’t agree they can apply to the Court for the Court to decide who gets what. Once the Consent Order is granted it prohibits either person from making a financial claim against the other in the future.

  • Pension Sharing Order – You’ll need to agree what happens to your pensions after you divorce or dissolve your civil partnership. One option to consider is a Pension Sharing Order. The Court will issue this Order and it will outline exactly how much your ex will receive from your pension. It will be outlined as a percentage. The Pension Sharing Order will also detail how much you will get from your ex’s pension too.

  • Maintenance Order – A Maintenance Order is put in place by the Court to outline any payments that must be made to your ex after a divorce. This is completely separate to any child maintenance payable and this is the money that you will have to give your ex to help them financially and is often one of the most contentious issues in a divorce.

  • Mesher Order – Court order that governs how the family home will be dealt with after divorce. See mesher orders explained.

The Court has to decide if there is the possibility of a ‘clean break’ after divorce, or if one of the couple needs to supplement the income of the other if they are not as financially well off as the other person. This can be true if a promising career was given up to care for the children from the marriage.

If there is a need to pay maintenance, a Maintenance Order will be put in place. If not, a clean break order will be issued. This means there is no financial responsibility for the other person apart from any child maintenance that is paid.

I was really impressed with your representation and amazed at how fast you were in getting the Court Order and the way you spoke to the Judge. You were really sweet and really good at representing me. (C., London)

Customer testimonials

Family solicitor fees for court orders

Our fixed hourly Family Solicitors fee for assisting you and preparing the application to the Court for a Court Order starts from £210 per hour including VAT. We will agree our Family Solicitors fee with you before any work starts.

Once we have provided you with a written quote for the agreed work to be done, that price will not change.

In addition to our fee a Court fee is payable to the Court when the application is submitted. Some individuals on low income may be entitled to a reduction in Court fees. More information on this can be found on

For more detailed explanations and information see:

About Co-op Legal Services

The family law team at Co-op Legal Services includes specialist Family Solicitors, Divorce Solicitors and Children Law Solicitors with Resolution accreditation and accredited experts in child abduction, co-habitation, domestic abuse, property disputes, high net worth money matters and financial advocacy.

Resolution is a national organisation of Family Lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce, separation and other family problems.

Co-op Legal Services has over 600 staff working in different businesses with offices in Manchester, Bristol, Stratford-upon-Avon, Sheffield and London.

As part of the Co-op Group, our values of openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others are core to the service we provide.