Co-op Legal Services family law team awarded excellence in technology and innovation by the Law Society.
Separation agreement solicitors
We offer expert legal advice about separation agreements
We will write a separation agreement to best fit your particular circumstances. For example you may want a separation agreement to include:
- How much each of you contributes to rent/mortgage or household bills until you can vacate, sell or transfer your home.
- How to deal with any mutual debts.
- How to deal with any proceeds from the sale of a property, after paying off any outstanding mortgage balance or sale costs. How to deal with any pensions, joint bank accounts or credit cards.
- What will happen to items you’ve bought together, such as cars and furniture.
- What will happen to the family pets.
- Maintenance agreed to support one person and/or any children.
- Who the children will live with and when they will see the other parent.
How much does a separation agreement cost?
Our family law solicitors offer a hourly rate for separation agreements, starting from £210 per hour.
What can our settlement agreement solicitors help with?
- Initial legal advice by consultation or detailed telephone call.
- Advising you of the implications of signing a Separation Agreement.
- Informing you of the financial information needed and drafting a Schedule setting out your respective financial positions.
- Drafting the Separation Agreement to reflect the agreement you have reached with your partner.
- Any negotiations if there is a disagreement
Why choose Co-op Legal Services?
- no Nasty Surprises. We will provide a written quote before we start work
- the fee we quote you in writing for the agreed work is the fee you pay
- no Legal Jargon. We will take time to understand your needs and provide clear explanations so you completely understand what’s going on
You can expect us to
- always act with integrity and in an ethical, responsible and constructive way
- always deliver our services in easily accessible ways to suit you
- keep the bigger picture in mind to help you at every step of your case
- help you ensure the benefits of any steps are balanced against financial or emotional costs
- inform you of all your options to help you decide what is best for you
About Co-op Legal Services
The family law team at Co-op Legal Services includes specialist Family Solicitors, Divorce Solicitors and Children Law Solicitors with Resolution accreditation and accredited experts in child abduction, co-habitation, domestic abuse, property disputes, high net worth money matters and financial advocacy.
Resolution is a national organisation of Family Lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce, separation and other family problems.
Co-op Legal Services has over 600 staff working in different businesses with offices in Manchester, Bristol, Stratford-upon-Avon, Sheffield and London.
As part of the Co-op Group, our values of openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others are core to the service we provide.