Co-op Legal Services family law team awarded excellence in technology and innovation by the Law Society.
Separation agreement solicitors
We offer initial legal advice about separation and offer fixed fee prices for separation agreements.
We will write a separation agreement to best fit your particular circumstances. For example you may want a separation agreement to include:
- How much each of you contributes to rent/mortgage or household bills until you can vacate, sell or transfer your home.
- How to deal with any mutual debts.
- How to deal with any proceeds from the sale of a property, after paying off any outstanding mortgage balance or sale costs. How to deal with any pensions, joint bank accounts or credit cards.
- What will happen to items you’ve bought together, such as cars and furniture.
- What will happen to the family pets.
- Maintenance agreed to support one person and/or any children.
- Who the children will live with and when they will see the other parent.
How much does a separation agreement cost?
Our Fixed Fee Separation Agreement costs £900 including VAT.
Once we have provided you with a written quote for the agreed work on your separation agreement, that price will not change.
Included in the fixed fee separation agreement
- Initial legal advice by consultation or detailed telephone call.
- Advising you of the implications of signing a Separation Agreement.
- Informing you of the financial information needed and drafting a Schedule setting out your respective financial positions.
- Drafting the Separation Agreement to reflect the agreement you have reached with your partner.
Not included in the fixed fee separation agreement
- Advice on what agreement you ought to make as that would be based on a detailed consideration of all your financial information, and may require reports from other professionals such as Accountants.
- Any work required to implement the terms of the separation agreement for example transferring an interest in property.
- Any negotiations if there is a disagreement (that work would be conducted on an hourly rate basis).
This fixed fee separation agreement package is only suitable for:
- People who have already reached an agreement.
- Cases that do not have complex assets such as foreign property.
The package is not available to those with assets of over £1,000,000
Why choose Co-op Legal Services?
- no Nasty Surprises. We will provide a written quote before we start work
- the fee we quote you in writing for the agreed work is the fee you pay
- no Legal Jargon. We will take time to understand your needs and provide clear explanations so you completely understand what’s going on
You can expect us to
- always act with integrity and in an ethical, responsible and constructive way
- always deliver our services in easily accessible ways to suit you
- keep the bigger picture in mind to help you at every step of your case
- help you ensure the benefits of any steps are balanced against financial or emotional costs
- inform you of all your options to help you decide what is best for you
About Co-op Legal Services
The family law team at Co-op Legal Services includes specialist Family Solicitors, Divorce Solicitors and Children Law Solicitors with Resolution accreditation and accredited experts in child abduction, co-habitation, domestic abuse, property disputes, high net worth money matters and financial advocacy.
Resolution is a national organisation of Family Lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce, separation and other family problems.
Co-op Legal Services has over 600 staff working in different businesses with offices in Manchester, Bristol, Stratford-upon-Avon, Sheffield and London.
As part of the Co-op Group, our values of openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others are core to the service we provide.