Death of Joint Proprietor Probate Case Study | Co-op Probate Services

Legal Services

0330 606 9548

0330 606 9548

Request a callback

Death of Joint Proprietor Probate Case Study

13th April 2017

For free initial advice and guidance call our Probate Advisors on 03306069584 or contact us online and we will help you.

Client Situation

Mrs D instructed our Probate Solicitors to administer her late uncle’s Estate. Mrs D was named as Executor in her late uncle’s Will and she wanted our help to transfer her late uncle’s property into the names of her and her husband. The property was held as Tenants in Common between the deceased and Mr and Mrs D, who wanted to continue to live in the property.

With our Probate Complete Service we take full responsibility for getting Grant of Probate and dealing with the Legal, Tax (not VAT), Property and Estate Administration affairs*.

How We Helped

Mrs D instructed Co-op Legal Services to act under a limited Power of Attorney, meaning that we could sign the numerous documents involved in the Estate Administration process on her behalf.

We applied for the Grant of Probate which was issued. This allowed us to deal with the other assets in the Estate, in accordance with Mrs D’s instructions. Following that we settled the liabilities in the Estate.

We dealt with the transfer of the property by completing a Death of Joint Proprietor form and lodging it at the Land Registry, removing the deceased’s name from the Land Registry Title.

As there were still two surviving co-owners of the property, we were also required to complete an Equitable Assent Deed in order to finalise the transfer. We drafted the Deed which was signed by our Authorised Signatories and sent to Mrs D to be filed with the property Title Deeds.

The Outcome

The Estate Administration was completed in four months. Mrs D was pleased as we had transferred the property into the names of her and her husband, and had dealt with all of the other aspects of the Estate. Mrs D stated that the process had prompted her to revise her own Will using our Will writing service.

Mrs D commented, “I would like to thank you for all your help and guidance during this difficult time.”

For free initial advice and guidance call our Probate Advisors on 03306069584 or contact us online and we will call you.

*We can also pay all the costs of a Co-op Funeralcare funeral, providing the Estate owns sufficient assets which can be sold in due course to repay our costs.

Call  03306069584

We will use your information in accordance with our Privacy Policy to contact you in relation to your enquiry

I liked that I could hand over the whole process so I didn't have to worry about any of it. J.C., Hampshire
More Testimonials

The Probate Advisor handled the call about my sister with compassion and kindness and he was extremely helpful. Thank you so much, your help was much appreciated at this upsetting time. Mrs D., Caerphilly
More testimonials

Customer Satisfaction

4.5 stars out of 5 for Customer Satisfaction Rating

4.3 stars based on 691 Independent Surveys 

Back to top