Complete Probate & Estate Administration Service
Fixed Probate Fee from £1,484 +VAT (£1,780 including VAT)
£3,500 +VAT (£4,200 including VAT) for an average estate.
Complete Probate Service includes:
We take full responsibility for getting the Grant of Probate and dealing with all the legal, tax (excluding VAT), property & Estate Administration affairs.
Free initial face to face meeting with a local Probate Consultant at home or another location of your choice (in England or Wales).
Complete on-going customer support from start to finish.
We can provide a loan for any Inheritance Tax (IHT) due from the estate*.
We can settle the cost of a Co-operative Funeralcare funeral* and reimburse any deposit paid, as soon as you have instructed us to represent you.
*Providing that the estate owns assets that can be liquidated.
For free initial advice call our Probate Specialists on 0330 606 9584 or contact us online and we will help you.
Probate Complete Service includes the following Legal, Tax, Estate Administration and Property matters:
- Preparing the necessary documentation for the Grant of Probate application.
- Carrying out all necessary checks to ensure the validity of any Will in existence.
- When there is no valid Will, applying the Rules of Intestacy to the estate of the deceased to identify the Personal Representatives and beneficiaries and to establish the entitlement of the beneficiaries.
- Applying to the Probate Registry and obtaining the Grant of Probate.
- Ensuring the accurate distribution of the estate.
- Assessing and dealing with any claims against the estate.
- Placing all statutory adverts to manage claims against the estate.
- Assessing variations to the distribution of the estate.
- Completing the following tax forms for HMRC:
- The Income Tax return from 6th April to the date of death.
- The appropriate Inheritance Tax form, either an IHT 205 or IHT 400.
- The Capital Gains Tax return, if required.
- Conducting all correspondence with HMRC relevant to completing the above tax forms.
- Taking any corrective action required by HMRC during the estate administration process.
- Claiming any relevant tax reliefs or exemptions applicable to the estate.
- Calculating any Inheritance Tax, Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax that is owed.
- Ensuring payment of any outstanding tax from the estate.
- Calculating and arranging for the transfer of any Nil Rate Band allowance if available, in order to reduce Inheritance Tax.
- Identifying and corresponding with the Personal Representatives and beneficiaries of the estate throughout the estate administration process.
- Identifying and corresponding with all financial institutions and organisations relevant to the estate throughout the estate administration process.
- Identifying, verifying and valuing all assets based in England and Wales.
- Gathering all the assets of the estate.
- Transferring all jointly held assets into sole name, including property.
- Paying any debts and liabilities from the estate.
- Preparing the accounts of the estate.
- Distributing the estate to the beneficiaries.
- Setting up any Trusts relevant to the estate.
If there is a property to be transferred, our Probate Complete Service includes:
- Ensuring that the buildings and contents insurer is fully aware of the change in circumstances and making sure that appropriate insurance is in place.
- Appointing the Royal Mail to re-direct post to us during the period of administration in order to manage all the affairs of the estate.
- Transferring ownership of registered property from the deceased to the beneficiaries.
- Appointing a specialist Conveyancer to register any unregistered land at HM Land Registry, if required.
If there is a property to be sold, our Probate Complete Service includes:
- Appointing an Estate Agent for the marketing and sale of the property.
- Appointing and managing a specialist Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) provider in obtaining an EPC for the property where appropriate. An EPC is a legal requirement for the marketing and sale of a property.
- Appointing and managing a specialist Conveyancer for the transfer of ownership of the property.
Benefits of using Co-operative Legal Services
Free initial advice and guidance by phone about our Probate Complete Service.
A face to face discussion with an experienced Probate Consultant who is local to your area. Local Probate Consultants are available throughout England & Wales by appointment only.
Our Probate team has more than 20 specialist Probate Solicitors and over 130 trained Probate Consultants, Case Handlers and Advisors; including members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Co-operative Legal Services are trusted to deal with over £500 million in estates every year, making us one of the largest providers of Probate services in England & Wales.
For free initial advice call our Probate Specialists on 0330 606 9584 or contact us online and we will call you.
For more details see 10 Benefits of using our Probate Complete Service.
Our Probate team includes more than 20 Probate Solicitors and 130 trained Probate Consultants, Case Handlers and Advisors who are trusted to deal with over £500 million in estates every year.
Many of our Probate Solicitors and Probate Case Handlers are members of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Co-operative Legal Services Limited is Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Call us on 0330 606 9584
I would like to express my sincere thanks & gratitude to you for the way in which you have handled my late father's probate. Your efficiency, constant attention to detail and excellent communication skills made an extremely upsetting time bearable for me.