Emily Taylor is a Clinical and Medical Negligence Paralegal at Co-op Legal Services, based in Manchester. Emily has studied Clinical Negligence Law since 2013 and has been handling a vast number of high value claims for the past two years.
Emily has significant experience of dealing with a wide range of Clinical Negligence issues across England and Wales. She has pursued claims surrounding a number of care specialties, including: orthopaedic care, nerve damage, birth injury, brain injury, cancer, gender reassignment and gynaecology.
Emily has particular interest and expertise in cases surrounding misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis of cancer. Emily is currently studying a Master's Degree in Contemporary Legal Studies, specialising in medical negligence. She is carrying out research into a new claim for cancer claimants and once this research study is completed, Emily will begin the Legal Practice Course and hopes to qualify as a Medical Negligence Solicitor.
Emily is passionate in providing the upmost standard of client care and is capable of progressing a claim from the initial stages of enquiry, through investigations and to litigation. Emily is skilled in advocacy, negotiation, communication and initiative. She constantly strives to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients and does this by paying excellent attention to detail, and continuously developing her knowledge and skill.
Recent medical negligence claims dealt with by Emily include:
- A 3 year delay in diagnosis of malignant melanoma which resulted in a loss of life expectancy of a minimum thirty years.
- Fatal claim involving delayed diagnosis of Angiosarcoma on behalf of the patient's wife, after her husband suffered an untimely death.
- Negligent prescription of Morphine to a patient who suffered from Dementia, resulting in opiate toxicity.
- Delay in diagnosis and treatment of a rotator cuff tear, which resulted in disability.
- Misdiagnosis of Charcot's Foot, resulting in the patient becoming wheelchair bound.
Emily joined Co-op Legal Services in 2018 and previously worked at Price Slater Gawne Solicitors in Altrincham. In her early career she handled a litigated caseload of Credit Hire matters, and has extensive experience in issue resolution.
When Not Working
In her spare time, Emily enjoys travelling and socialising with her friends and family. She likes to take time out to organise fundraising events as much as possible, and recently raised £1,200 for Willowbrook Hospice. She has previously worked with the Alzheimer's Society and next year Emily will be focusing on raising awareness and funds for Pancreatic Cancer UK.