Our Medical Negligence Lawyers offer free initial legal advice and most claims can be dealt with on a No Win No Fee basis.
As part of the Co-op Group our values of openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others are core to the service we provide.
Free Assessment of Your Medical Claim
The first step is for a Medical Negligence Lawyer to assess your claim free of charge. When your claim has been reviewed we can help you understand if your claim is likely to be awarded compensation.
We know you will have questions and we'll be happy to answer them without using legal jargon wherever possible. It's vital to get specialist legal advice as soon as possible so don't delay.
Medical Negligence Claims Specialists
Your Medical Negligence Lawyer can be supported by independent expert witnesses across a range of specialist areas, including surgeons, hospital doctors, nurses, GPs and dentists. The Barristers that are used for Court proceedings all have a high level of expertise in medical cases.
The breadth of experience and skill of your Medical Negligence Lawyer and your supporting claims team will ensure that you will have the best support at all times.
Focus on You, Your Claim and Your Recovery
We know how important it is for victims of medical negligence to get answers on what happened, why they had a poor outcome or suffered an injury as a result of medical treatment and importantly, who is at fault.
Your medical negligence claims team will provide excellent service, focussed on you and your needs.
Focus on You
- We will offer expert support and guidance, ensuring that you know exactly what information is needed in order to substantiate your claim
- Your Medical Negligence Lawyer will communicate clearly with you ensuring everything is straightforward and easy to understand
- Your Lawyer will provide expert advice and support throughout your claim and a range of additional support services
- Suffering an injury due to medical negligence is stressful, so that is why your Medical Negligence Lawyer will do all that they can to help you to get back on track, allowing you to resume your life as you wish and put the right plans in place for the future
- If a patient has suffered a brain injury they may lack the capacity to manage their own financial affairs. Your Lawyer will be able to help with an application to the Court of Protection which will appoint a Deputy to manage the patient's affairs on their behalf. This ensures that the best interests of the injured person are protected
- Your Lawyer will be able to put you in touch with various charities who can provide additional support and advice, including Action against Medical Accidents (AVMA), Child Brain Injury Trust (CBIT), Limbless Association, Macmillan Cancer Support, STEPS and Genesis.
Focus on Your Claim
Suffering an injury as a result of negligent clinical or medical treatment is a difficult and upsetting experience for you and your family and consulting a Lawyer for legal advice can feel like a big step. That is why your Co-op Legal Services Lawyer will make it their priority to take time to listen to your concerns and provide clear and helpful advice straight away.
- Whilst bringing a claim against a medical provider may seem daunting, your expert team will ensure that the process is as smooth and straightforward as possible
- Your Lawyer will always work to ensure that you are fully compensated and that any ongoing needs are met. Your Lawyer will fully understand the difficulties facing those who have suffered debilitating injuries. If negotiations are ongoing they will look to secure Interim Payments of compensation on your behalf so that you are not out of pocket
- As medical negligence claims can result in large compensation payments, your Lawyer can also arrange independent financial advice so that you make the right plans for the future.
Focus on Your Recovery
Suffering an injury as a result of medical negligence is stressful, so your Lawyer will do all that they can to help you to get back on track, allowing you to resume your life as you wish and helping to put the right plans in place for the future.
Your Lawyer will proactively progress your medical negligence claim whilst ensuring that the medical support required for your rehabilitation is in place as quickly as possible.
Funding a Medical Negligence Claim
The last thing that you need to worry about is how to pay for legal support to pursue your claim.
- Your Medical Negligence Lawyer will advise you on appropriate funding options for legal fees whether the claim is successful or not, so you do not need to worry. These fees are incurred as the case is built up against the party at fault, including obtaining medical records, obtaining expert reports, Court fees, travel expenses and your own Lawyers’ legal fees for work done on your case.
Should your medical negligence claim be successful, most of the legal fees incurred on your behalf will be payable by the insurance company of the person or party at fault.
If your claim is unsuccessful, there is no financial risk to you as all your legal fees will be covered*.
* Subject to entering into and complying with the terms of a No Win No Fee Agreement and taking out and complying with the terms of an After The Event insurance policy (when appropriate).
Co-op Legal Services has over 600 staff working in different businesses with offices in Manchester, Bristol, Stratford-upon-Avon, Sheffield and London.