Divorce Case Study - Husband Agreed to Nothing
12 May 2016
Fixed Fee Divorce costs £300 and you can start your divorce online at any time.
Mrs A spoke with our Senior Divorce Solicitor Tracey Moloney as she wanted to start divorce proceedings. Mrs A and her husband had been married for 10 years and had no children.
Their marital home was in Mr A's name only and he had offered Mrs A only 25% of the net value of property and he refused to give her any of his pension.
How We Helped
Divorce Solicitor Tracey Moloney advised Mrs A not to accept the 25% of the property value as she was entitled to a larger share, and that she was also entitled to a share of Mr A's pension.
Tracey made application to the Court but Mr A would not engage with the Court at all. He would not agree to anything.
Tracey helped Mrs A to register her home rights. This allowed Mrs A to protect her share in the marital home as they had lived in the property together for the last 10 years.
Tracey also helped Mrs A to get an accurate valuation of the property, and to get Mr A's cash equivalent transfer value of his pension, which would help the Court to decide how much of his pension she should get.
Mrs A was given a 40% share in the marital home and awarded 50% of Mr A's pension. This was limited to pension contributions made during their 10 year marriage.
Divorce Case Studies
- Divorce Financial Settlement Better than the Original Deal
- Divorce Financial Settlement on Family Home
- Court Ordered Financial Settlement
- Family Property and Child Custody Dispute
- Consent Order on Family Home
- Consent Order to Protect Financial Interests
- Husband said Severance Pay Not Part of Divorce Settlement
- Pension Protected by Clean Break Order
- Uncooperative Husband Sorted by Co-op Divorce Solicitor
- Uncooperative Spouse Served with Court Papers
- Divorce after a 3 Years Separation
- Property Owned Before Marriage
- Singapore Divorce Court Order Ratified in English Court.