Divorce Case Study – Contact and Access to Children
11 April 2016
Mr W asked our family law team to help him with his divorce. He needed help to deal with the financial issues the divorce raised and with getting access to the children. The divorce and the financial aspects are still on going, but Mr W was not allowed any access to his children, aged 4 and 6 years old.
His immediate problem was access to the children. He had a family wedding to attend in France and his daughter had been asked to be bridesmaid, but his wife, Mrs W did not him allow any contact, nor did she give permission for him to take the children to the wedding in France.
How We Helped
We made an application to the Court for a Child Arrangements Order under Section 8 of the Children Act 1989. This allowed Mr W to have contact with his children and it also covered the specific issue of taking the children out of the UK for the wedding.
The Court Order gave a regular framework of contact between Mr W and his children. He has access for alternate weekends with 2 overnight stays included in the weekend contact. He was also given contact in the week.
The Court also ordered that Mr W should be contacted directly by the school, so he could be informed of parent's evenings, school trips and all school reports. This meant that Mr W did not have to rely upon Mrs W to provide him with this information.
Mr W took his two children aboard for the wedding, as agreed by the Court, and his 4 year old daughter was a bridesmaid at the wedding for the first time.
Mr W was very happy with the outcome and sent us photos of the wedding, showing his daughter as a bridesmaid.
At Co-op Legal Services our Family Law Solicitors offer a fixed fee which we agree with you upfront before any work starts. Once we have provided you with a written quote for the agreed work, that price will not change.
Divorce Case Studies
- Divorce Financial Settlement Better than the Original Deal
- Divorce Financial Settlement on Family Home
- Court Ordered Financial Settlement
- Family Property and Child Custody Dispute
- Consent Order on Family Home
- Consent Order to Protect Financial Interests
- Husband said Severance Pay Not Part of Divorce Settlement
- Pension Protected by Clean Break Order
- Uncooperative Husband Sorted by Co-op Divorce Solicitor
- Uncooperative Spouse Served with Court Papers
- Divorce after a 3 Years Separation
- Husband Agreed to Nothing
- Property Owned Before Marriage
- Singapore Divorce Court Order Ratified in English Court.