Divorce Case Study - Divorce after a 3 Year Separation
29 June 2016
Mrs L contacted our Divorce Lawyers as her marriage had come to an end and she wanted to get a divorce.
She had been married to Mr L for 20 years, but he’d left the family home 3 years ago. Mrs L decided that enough time had passed and she was ready to get divorced.
Our Divorce Lawyer advised Mrs L that she could petition for divorce using the fact that they had been separated for 2 years.
How We Helped
Our Divorce Lawyer wrote to Mr L explaining the situation about Mrs L wanting a divorce. He asked Mr L to sign a Consent form confirming that he and Mrs L had been separated for 2 years.
Mr L signed the Consent form, our Divorce Lawyer prepared the Divorce Petition and it was sent to the Court.
The Court considered the Divorce Petition and agreed that Mrs L had grounds for a divorce on the fact that she and Mr L had been separated for 2 years. The divorce was granted on this basis.
Divorce Case Studies
- Divorce Financial Settlement Better than the Original Deal
- Divorce Financial Settlement on Family Home
- Court Ordered Financial Settlement
- Family Property and Child Custody Dispute
- Consent Order on Family Home
- Consent Order to Protect Financial Interests
- Husband said Severance Pay Not Part of Divorce Settlement
- Pension Protected by Clean Break Order
- Uncooperative Husband Sorted by Co-op Divorce Solicitor
- Uncooperative Spouse Served with Court Papers
- Husband Agreed to Nothing
- Property Owned Before Marriage
- Singapore Divorce Court Order Ratified in English Court.