Favourable Divorce Financial Settlement - Case Study
03 February 2017
You can start your divorce online at any time.
Ms M started divorce proceedings against her husband. The divorce itself was not contested, but the division of financial assets was disputed.
Our client wanted to keep the family home and was willing to pay out a lump sum. However, her ex-husband did not accept this. He demanded half of the property and was keen to take the matter through the Courts.
Ms M contacted our Divorce Solicitors for specialist legal advice about how to resolve the financial settlement
How We Helped
We advised Ms M about the divorce and financial settlement. We obtained the divorce within a matter of months. Regarding the division of assets, we fully investigated the finances of Ms M's ex-husband and discovered he had a large pension, to which our client had some entitlement.
We suggested an out of Court settlement and mediation, but Ms M's ex did not agree to either. We therefore helped Ms M through the Court process, arranging for a Barrister to represent her at each of the three Court hearings.
Ms M got a favourable outcome that was better than the original deal she was willing to make before seeking our advice. The Court awarded her the family home, leaving her ex-husband without a financial claim to the property. She didn't have to pay out a lump sum of money and she was awarded 15% of his pension.
Speaking about the service she received from our Divorce Solicitors, Ms H said, "I was very surprised and very pleased with the outcome. I received straightforward advice and paid in little instalments, which made things manageable. The Family Law team were all really good and recommended an excellent Barrister for me."
Divorce Case Studies
- Divorce Financial Settlement on Family Home
- Court Ordered Financial Settlement
- Family Property and Child Custody Dispute
- Consent Order on Family Home
- Consent Order to Protect Financial Interests
- Husband said Severance Pay Not Part of Divorce Settlement
- Pension Protected by Clean Break Order
- Uncooperative Husband Sorted by Co-op Divorce Solicitor
- Uncooperative Spouse Served with Court Papers
- Divorce after a 3 Years Separation
- Husband Agreed to Nothing
- Property Owned Before Marriage
- Singapore Divorce Court Order Ratified in English Court.