Probate fees in England and Wales are usually calculated on the value of the estate for which Probate is needed. Some estates do not require Probate at all, and some are not complex so you can complete Probate yourself, but for more complex estates where professional support is required, the value of the estate will normally drive the cost of Probate.
At Co-op Legal Services our Probate Complete Service is based on the size and complexity of the estate. So what do you get for your money?
Probate can be complicated and time consuming and getting it right is crucial as there can be legal and financial implications for you personally if mistakes are made.
Losing a loved one can be extremely difficult, so using a complete Probate Service will allow you the space you need at that time, being safe in the knowledge that a specialist Probate team is managing the process quickly and efficiently for you.
Our Probate Complete Service provides you with:
- A free initial meeting with one of our experienced Probate Consultants at your home or other location of your choice (in England or Wales)
- Valuing the estate
- Calculating and arranging payment of any Inheritance Tax (IHT) owed by the estate
- Arranging for a loan to pay the Inheritance Tax (IHT) due*
- Claiming any exemptions and reliefs available to mitigate the tax position of the estate
- Transferring any Nil Rate Band allowance where available
- We can also settle the cost of a Co-op Funeralcare funeral at the outset of the estate administration*, the amount of which will be later deducted from the estate funds
- Corresponding with financial institutions and organisations to complete the administration of the estate
- Dealing with the transfer of joint assets into a sole name
- Preparing the estate accounts
- Advising the building and contents insurance company of the change in circumstances and arranging suitable alternative cover
- Ongoing support for you throughout the Probate process, with regular updates and a dedicated contact who is responsible for your Probate case and is there when you need them.
* providing that the estate has assets that can be liquidated.
You may be concerned if the deceased person died without a Will, and therefore there is no appointed Executor to administer the estate. Using our Probate Complete Service will take all of the additional worry and stress out of this process and our experienced Probate Specialists will apply the Rules of Intestacy to establish the entitlement of any beneficiaries.
There are many advantages to using our Probate Complete Service, including the expertise and experience of our team of Probate Solicitors and professional experts. Many of the team are members of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP), and overall we deal with estates worth in excess of £500 million each year.
You can be sure that we will support you from the beginning to the end of the Probate process.
For free initial advice and a free, fixed fee Probate quote, call our Probate Advisory Team on 03306069584 or contact us online and we will help you.