Our Children Law Solicitors offer initial legal advice about children in divorce or legal separation. Call 03306069626 or contact us online and we will help you.
Co-op joins Government pilot schemes to modernise the divorce process, with divorces now finalised in just 12 weeks - read more
If you are getting a divorce or facing legal separation in England or Wales, we can provide the support and reassurance you and your children need to help you make the right decisions and find a way forward. We can help you to negotiate child custody arrangements to suit the family now and in the future such as:
- Which parent the children should live with
- Which school the children should go to
- Who the children should see and when
- Change of children names and other specific issues
We can provide you with legal advice about Parental Responsibility and how to get it, and help you to make arrangements for the children such as help getting a Child Arrangement Order to deal with child contact or residence issues.
Our Children Law Solicitors are specialists in resolving child custody disputes in divorce, legal separation and Civil Partnership Dissolution and can help you reach a fair and affordable outcome.
With Co-op Legal Services once we have provided you with a written quote for the agreed work to be done, that price will not change.
As part of the Co-op Group our values of openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others are core to the service we provide, and our customers consistently rate the quality of our legal advice and services at 4.4 out of 5 stars. See customer testimonials for Family Law.
For initial legal advice about children in divorce or legal separation call our Children Solicitors on 03306069626 or contact us online and we will call you.
Children in Divorce or Legal Separation – What to Consider
- How to tell the children you are splitting up
- Your legal rights to see the children
- Agreeing financial payments to help look after children
- Where the children should live
- When and how often the children should see both parents
- Other practical issues, such as whether they should be able to go abroad
- What name they should be known by
- Issues concerning their religious upbringing
- Who should be appointed as the children's Guardian in your Will
Make a New Will Now, Update it within 12 Months
Our fixed fee Family Break Up Will Writing service allows people facing a potential break up of a marriage or Civil Partnership to make an initial legally valid Will now, then to update the Will with any new details within 12 months at no additional cost.
Our Promise to You
- No Nasty Surprises. We will provide a written quote before any work starts. The fee we quote you for the agreed work to be done is the fee you pay.
- No Legal Jargon. We will take time to understand your needs and provide clear explanations so you completely understand what’s going on.
- To help you reach the best possible outcome for you and your children with the least possible distress.
- To treat you as an individual. We do not believe in a one size fits all approach and we will work with you to find the solution which is right for you.
- To handle your case with sensitivity. Our Children Law Solicitors are experts and have specialist training to ensure they can help you through the challenges you are facing.
- Fair Pricing. We invite you to compare our Solicitors rates.
The family law team at Co-op Legal Services includes specialist Family Solicitors, Divorce Solicitors and Children Law Solicitors with Resolution Accreditation and Resolution accredited experts in child abduction, co-habitation, domestic abuse, property disputes, high net worth money matters and financial advocacy.
Co-op Legal Services has over 600 staff working in different businesses with offices in Manchester, Bristol, Stratford-upon-Avon, Sheffield and London.