For an initial assessment of your redundancy pay by an Employment Solicitor in a 30 minute phone call for £60 including VAT, call our Employment Solicitors on 03306069589 or contact us online to book an appointment with a Solicitor.
You do not have to accept your employer’s initial offer of redundancy. If you have been offered a redundancy package we can advise you about your options.
A detailed report on the merits and value of your redundancy claim written by an Employment Solicitor starts from £420 including VAT.
How We Can Help with Your Redundancy
We try to find out as much as possible about your employers and your specific situation by:
- Ensuring your employer has followed the law by explaining and communicating the redundancy process to you.
- Making sure that undue pressure has not been applied towards you to make you take the redundancy offer.
- That all effort has been expended by your employer to find you alternative work and that you are given appropriate time to find work.
Have I Received a Fair Redundancy Payment?
You are entitled to a Statutory Redundancy Payment if you are an employee and have been in a minimum of two years continuous service. Alternatively your contract of employment may state that you are entitled to contractual enhanced redundancy payment.
You must also have been dismissed and the reason for your dismissal must be redundancy.
What are My Rights with Redundancy?
There has to be a genuine reason that you have been selected for redundancy. This could include:
- The business being shut down.
- The requirements for a particular work for the business has ceased or diminished, meaning there is no need for the employer to keep your employment.
How Can I Fight My Redundancy?
If you believe that the reason for your dismissal was not a redundancy, for example, you have been unfairly discriminated on the basis of your age or your pregnancy, we can help. Our specialist Redundancy Solicitors can provide the legal advice you need.
At Co-op Legal Services we have helped over 3,000 employees with their employment law claims and we can help you too.
For employment law advice on redundancy call our Employment Solicitors on 03306069589 or contact us and we will call you.
Employment Solicitors Specialising in Redundancy
At Co-op Legal Services our Employment Solicitors only represent employees. Our Solicitors are specialists so when you come to us, you can be sure you will be getting independent employment law advice from Solicitors that specialise in redundancy.
Co-op Legal Services has offices in Manchester, Bristol and London.